Since moving from Canada to Germany, i’ve performed with many professional orchestras and chamber music ensembles, various contemporary-music
and jazz groups as well as leading my own musical projects,
gathering valuable musical experiences along the way.
Until recently, i held the position of instructor for big band and combos at the Hochschule für Musik in Detmold, Germany.
during extensive travels with my family in 2021/22, i felt the surfacing
of a strong desire to take a clear step towards fulfilling my own artistic goals,
as opposed to the goals of others.
at that point, i gave up my teaching position and started to follow a new path in improvisation and experimentation.
I have always felt most at home playing jazz and improvised music and have always admired those musicians who have followed their own inner voice. i now choose to follow my own intuition and in so doing look forward to
meeting new musical friends and new friends of music.
I am a Conn-Selmer artist and perform on the Vincent Bach 12 (1963 Mt. Vernon), Conn 88H and Conn 72H trombones.
Here are some of the ensembles/institutions I‘ve been affiliated with:
Jazz & Chamber Music:
- Shawn & the Wolf - jazz guitar & trombone duo
- Thomas Quasthoff Trio - S&W + the world-renowned bass-baritone, Thomas Quasthoff
- WorldBrass - international ten-piece brass ensemble
- Brass Brothers - brass sextet - four brothers and two brothers from other mothers 😉
- Hochschule für Musik Detmold - jazz trombone, improvisation
- „Discovering Improvisation“ - check out my channel on Telegram to learn some new things about improvisation and subscribe to keep up to date with what I‘m up to.
- „Just Great Music“ is another channel where I post recordings and videos of great performances with the intention of providing inspiration and nourishment for the soul!